Monday, July 21, 2008

Dear Friend: Will you pray with me in DC?

The blasphemous Jerry Springer: The Opera will open at the Studio Theatre in WDC on Wednesday night, July 23.

Please join me in a prayer vigil of reparation from 7:00 to 8:30 PM.

We will pray the Rosary, sing hymns, and offer public reparation for this public blasphemy against Our Lord and Our Lady.

Some disturbing examples of what is in the “opera” include:

• The crucifixion is mocked and the Eucharist is trashed

• There is a lady singing “Jerry eleison” (mocking the Mass: Kyrie Eleison)

• Jesus is introduced as “the hypocrite son of the fascist tyrant on high.” He wears a diaper, is fat and effeminate and later admits: “Actually, I am a bit gay.”

• Eve gropes Jesus in a manner too indecent to describe while the Annunciation is described as a rape.

• God is a fat man in a white suit who complains about being blamed for everyone’s problems. He invites Jerry Springer to join Him to “sit in Heaven beside me, hold my hand and guide me.” At the end, Jerry emerges as the true savior of mankind.

In face of such insults to the Faith, you and I cannot remain silent. That is why I am asking you to join me:

Wednesday, July 23, from 7-8:30 pm at:

The Studio Theatre (Two blocks from Logan Circle)
1501 14th St NW # 3, Washington, DC

(202) 332-3300

For directions and information call: (888) 317-5571

I look forward to seeing you in DC.

Sincerely,

Robert E. Ritchie

No comments:

Post a Comment