Monday, July 7, 2008

News for July 7, 2008: Rally captains update; victory against Planned Parenthood; urgent prayer request

image

Rally captain update

The total for rally captains signed up for the 2008 Rosary Rallies on October 11, 2008, has almost hit 1,400.

Please join me in thanking Our Lady for this success and please call 866-684-6012 if you'd like to join.

----------------------------------------------------------

Victory against Planned Parenthood

Quite frankly, I'm getting sick and tired of those who write or call me to say that protesting evil is not worth it; that we should not give evil free publicity.

The "do nothing" approach is wrong in theory and in practice.  In theory, because evil of itself has no power.  It only has power when good is weak and silent.

In practice -- well, here's a perfect example of what happens when good people decide to stand up and do something.

Good News: Wal-Mart Drops Planned Parenthood Promotion

A Wal-Mart Supercenter in Washington state has decided to drop its association with Planned Parenthood, The Christian Post reported. The abortion giant had planned to promote its youth "services" in the retailer's parking lot.

Jim Toth, pro-life chairman for the Washington State Knights of Columbus, learned of the event the day before it was scheduled to take place. He and other life advocates called the local manager and visited the store to voice their concerns.

"Before we knew it, they said the event was not going to happen," he told CitizenLink. "We'll never know for sure how it got canceled."

Last year, Planned Parenthood received more than $330 million in government funding.

From citizenlink.com

----------------------------------------------------------

Urgent Prayer Request: Pray for Mitchell Zelman

Dearest Friends of Fatima,

I am a Child of Mary contributor to America Needs Fatima.  We also had the beautiful statute of our Lady visit our home.
My father, who is 82, is battling colon rectal cancer which has spread to his kidney, liver and lungs.  Through the grace of God and intercession of our Lady, it is a miracle he is still alive. 

He was given 90 days to live after surgery Jan. 2007.
The doctors can't believe that he looks fairly descent for what he is going through and is still alive.  Every chemo. has failed.
He now is on the last resort of oral pills and heavy pain meds.  He goes into much pain throughout the day.  Some days he can walk around a little, and others he rests in bed and naps frequently.  I am the oldest daughter of two, and am the caregiver to him and my 84 yr.old mother. 

My father is a good man.  He is a good father, husband and provider for my sister and I.  We have had a good family, Catholic up bringing, but he is in a lot of pain.  We are doing everything we can to keep his Faith alive and not allow him to succumb to the devil at this very vulnerable time. 

He is getting more and more depressed and can't understand how all the prayers people and family are 
saying for him are not helping him now.  For the first time last Sunday, I saw fear in his eyes. 

This has upset me terribly but I still pray that God's will shall be done.  I also pray to Our Lady and many saints to help him with a miracle to survive at least till after Christmas, as long as he keeps good quality of life. 

I need more time to pray with him and for him the way a daughter should.  Hospice just got involved last week.  I ask that you pray for my father, that whatever God's will 
is, that he may be relieved of the bad pain and have
a quick, easy, peaceful death when the time comes. 

I ask that you pray that he not be afraid to close his eyes in peace and stretch forth his arms into Jesus' arms and at that last minute, know that great happiness awaits him in heaven.  I don't want him to suffer, but I also wish we could spread his testimony of a miracle a little longer. 
Thank you,
Virginia Little

No comments:

Post a Comment