Friday, July 18, 2008

Objection to "reflections on a cat," and my answer to that objection...

When I posted the reflections on a cat, I knew it would not be accepted by all.
 
That's normal.

Here's the objection I received:

"PhilosophiKat said...
 
"bibelot -- A small decorative object without practical utility.
"I think its a mistake to consider something which provides such pleasure to be without practical utility. Not to mention, it catches mice, keeps feet warm, and makes a very gentle alarm clock and masseuse.
But thanks for the new word...

My response is:

How about adding two more practical uses of the cat;

a) a cat separates the principally practical minded from those who search primarily for the metaphysical

b) a cat reminds us how necessary superfluous things really are

No comments:

Post a Comment