Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Are pro-lifers ‘obsessed’ with abortion?

by Janet E. Smith

September 30, 2013 (FirstThings) - A few passages from Pope Francis’ famous interview published in America have unsettled some people for many reasons. My reason for being unsettled is that it would not be a complete distortion to say that I have been “obsessed” with the issues of abortion, contraception, and homosexuality for nearly all of my professional life. I prefer the terms “dedicated” or “committed,” of course, but whatever word is appropriate, I have long thought that helping people understand why abortion, contraception, and homosexual acts are not in accord with God’s plans for human happiness is a very effective way of drawing people closer to the Lord and to the Church, and thus, more or less, most of my adult life, I have been evangelizing in this way.

Read more:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/are-pro-lifers-obsessed-with-abortion

No comments:

Post a Comment